Dogmatic Questions

This blog is dedicated to posing and (I hope) answering theological questions that arise in connection with Christianity. I read all comments, so don't hesitate to post a comment even if the post is years old: these are long-term interests of mine! I don't post every day, I'm afraid, so I suggest that, if you are interested, you go to http://www.changedetection.com/ and put the name of this blog in it, so that you will be e-mailed when there is a new post or comment.

Name:
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Are the unregenerate in the image of God?

Here is a good posing of the question.

Here is an answer in the negative:

You can read Calvin's (rather ambiguous) answer here:

A bit of research seems to suggest that the Three Forms of Unity (particularly the Canons of Dort (Heads III and IV, Article 1)), but not the Westminster Standards, hold that the unregenerate are not in the image of God. John Murray wrote an essay defending the view that everyone is in the image of God, but I cannot find this on-line.

If you have an answer, please post it as a comment to this post.

Daniel Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home